Office Location: #201, 2469 Pauline St., Abbotsford
Throughout my 20 years of professional experience in the human services field I have been driven by a passion for helping others that I now bring to Clinical Counseling. It is rewarding to serve youth, adults, and families, helping them to overcome distressing and traumatic life events while realizing their strengths and resilient qualities. My clinical counselling practice includes supporting individuals who experience anxiety, depression, PTSD, grief and loss, self-harming behaviors, suicide ideation, and those who experienced domestic violence.
My lived experiences inform my practice. Being married for 33 years and raising three children, now young adults, has increased my empathy, compassion, and understanding for youth, adults, and families experiencing diverse issues.
The relationship is key to positive therapeutic change. As a Registered Clinical Counsellor, my mission is to support you through life-enhancing, holistic therapy in an environment that honours your integrity and privacy. I use well-researched techniques in a client-centered, compassionate environment.
I have observed healing, growth, and change in clients by using Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy and talk therapy. Talk therapy often includes attachment therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy – Integrated Mindfulness techniques, and other therapeutic modalities to support the unique needs of each person.
MY AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Youth issues such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, low self-worth, self-harm, suicide ideation, parent-teen conflict, peer relationships, and trauma
- Adults issues that include anxiety, depression, men’s anger, relationship issues, women’s issues, and sexual assault
- Families’ relationship issues, breakdown in the family unit, domestic violence
- Trauma and PTSD caused by childhood abuse or trauma, domestic violence, car accidents, or other situational events, or for witnesses thereof
- First Nations issues, including survivors of intergenerational trauma
- RCMP members, spouses, and families professional and personal experience guide effective practice supporting spouses and families coping with the effects of PTSD.
- Grief and Loss – coping with the death of family member or friend, parent abandonment issues, unresolved loss due to the Ministry separating a child from the family.
MY EDUCATION AND TRAINING INCLUDE:
- EMDR Basic Training
- Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Gottman Couples Counselling Therapy
- DBT Group Co-facilitator
- Grief and Loss Course / Training
- Trauma Therapy Course / Training
- MA Counselling Psychology – University of Victoria
- BA Youth Care Counsellor – University of Victoria
SERVICES AND CONTACT:
I offer you a counselling relationship based on compassion, insight, and integrity.
Keep in mind that I offer a free 30-minute no obligation introductory consultation.
We can meet and see if we are a good fit, at no cost to you.
I look forward to the opportunity to meet you and to discuss how I may support your journey towards positive change and growth.