I haven’t always been a registered clinical counsellor. For most of my life I pursued related interests that, along with my life experiences, inform my present-day practice.
For years I worked as a youth care worker with at-risk youth and families in a small community in northern Alberta. Later in B.C., I was an Aboriginal youth care worker at a high school before working as a child protection worker for the Ministry of Children and Family Development. These 20 years of professional experience have been characterised by a passion for helping others.
On a personal level, the difficulties I experienced during my childhood support my ability to empathise with those whose lives are in turmoil. Being married to a law enforcement officer has given me first-hand experience of the effects of PTSD and the challenges that spouses and families of first responders face.
The relationship between a counsellor and client is key to positive therapeutic change. My mission is to support you through:
- life-enhancing, holistic therapy
- a client-centred, strength-based approach that helps you to heal and equips you to meet your challenges on your own
- a safe, compassionate, environment that honors your integrity and privacy
I am also committed to using well-researched techniques. I have observed healing and growth in clients by using Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy and talk therapy. This often includes Cognitive Behavior Therapy – Integrated Mindfulness techniques and other therapeutic modalities.
If you would like my support, I look forward to hearing from you. Please call or e-mail me.
Credentials and Professional Training
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC # 13582)
- MA Counselling Psychology – University of Victoria
- Certified EMDRIA Therapist – Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing
- BA Youth Care Counsellor – University of Victoria
- Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Grief and Loss Course / Training
- Trauma Therapy Course / Training