RSW, EMDR therapist
“You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step”
– Martin Jr. Luther King
I strongly believe each person has the ability to heal from very difficult and challenging life experiences and can live meaningful and fulfilling lives once again. My aim is to provide a safe, comfortable and non-judgmental environment for my clients to share their struggles and feel supported, meeting them where they are in their journey.
My experience as a Registered Social Worker over the past ten years includes working and supporting vulnerable populations. I have worked with women and children fleeing abuse; parents/caregivers of children with disabilities; youth and adults with mental health; immigrants and refugees. I provide support to individuals, couples, children, and families using a variety of therapeutic modalities such as EMDR, Emotion Focused Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
I provide support to those who experience and live with depression, anxiety, grief, trauma, relationships and loss. It is my privilege and honour to guide people to a place of healing at their pace.
Credentials and Professional Training
- Registered Social Worker (Reg# 11410)
- Masters in Social Work (Dalhousie University)
- EMDR Trained Therapist
- Janina Fisher’s Certified Clinical Trauma Professional Training Level 1 and 2 (CCTP): (Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma and Treatment of Complex Trauma and Dissociative Disorders)
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy
- San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Training
- An Introduction to Dialectical Behavioural Therapy with Adolescents.
- Fluent in speaking Punjabi And Hindi